Friday, July 26, 2013

Finding the Way to Personal Revelation and "Lord, I Believe"

Ensign June 2013
Ensign May 2013 General Conference

When I do my studying I read the Book of Mormon, an article from the monthly Ensign and an article out of the General Conference Ensign.  There was one quote out of the first article that really stood out.  Then I went onto the next article and they tied together really well.

1st Article
"As you emphasize your faith and not your doubts, your faith will grow."  Whereas if you emphasize your doubts it will start as a little snowball and just continue down the mountain until it is an avalanche.

2nd Article
I loved this whole article.  I love when the father of the afflicted child says, "Lord I believe; help thou mine unbelief."  "Even if ye can no more than desire to believe let this desire work in you, even until ye believe."  That is how I gained a testimony.  I had a desire to believe and be and do good so I nurtured it until now I have a strong testimony.  It took and still takes work to keep it.  I could have just as easily nurtured the other side.  "In moments of fear or doubt or troubling times, hold the ground you have already won, even if that ground is limited."  What a powerful message.  Remember the faith you have and cling to it. "Be kind regarding human frailty--your own as as that of those who serve with you in a Church led by volunteer, mortal men and woman.  Except in the case of His only perfect Begotten Son, imperfect people are all God has ever had to work with.  That must be terribly frustrating to Him, but He deals with it.  So should we."  It's frustrating when people judge the church by the way some of the people act.  Just because people are imperfect does not mean the gospel is not true.


No comments:

Post a Comment