Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Faith of the Islanders

Ensign June 2013

There was another good article about faith and doubting.  I like the last three paragraphs so I'm just going to quote those.

"When challenges to my beliefs arise, I want to be able to do what the Lord told Oliver Cowdery to do 'Cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things.  Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter?  What greater witness can you have than from God?' (D&C 6:22-23).  Such remembering leads to unwavering faith."

"This type of faith is pure and free of distractions.  It is devoted and accepting.  It affirms: 'I know this.  I do not need to question it again.'"

"Exercising this kind of faith in our Heavenly Father and His plan allows His power to be active in our lives.  It does not yield to attacks on our beliefs, to weariness, or to the unknown.  It allows us to say, 'He lives!' And that, for me, is enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment