Monday, August 12, 2013

"Your Holy Places"

Ensign
General Conference
May 2013

I really loved this article.  All of the young women talks were good.  What a great theme they have this year.  This article explains that no matter where you are or what the circumstances are you can make it your holy place.  A really significant example is of Joseph Smith in Liberty Jail.  He was in a horrid place being treated awful both emotionally and physically.  In spite of that he referred to it as a "prison-temple".  One girl decorated her room in such a way that it was her holy place.  I hope to help Sariah make her room a holy place.  Another girl had a tough time in high school and said the band room was her holy place because of the atmosphere the teacher created.  One of my favorite places that was mentioned is nature.  I love to go up in the mountains and I feel so calm and peaceful and feel closer to God.  I hope that everyone is able to find their holy place and use it as much as they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment