Wednesday, January 22, 2014

"Holy Scriptures: The Power of God unto Our Salvation"

Ensign November 2006
General Conference
http://www.lds.org/ensign/2006/11/holy-scriptures-the-power-of-god-unto-our-salvation?lang=eng


I love the scriptures.  I didn't always love to read them and didn't always understand them.  I still don't always understand them.  I continue to read them and at different times I am enlightened.  It awes and amazes me what God and his children have done to preserve the scriptures.  I love how it says that Enos cried unto the Lord to preserve the scriptures.  If only everyone valued the scriptures that much.  I love this quote, "Take hold of the scriptures!  Cling to them, walk by them, live by them, rejoice in them, feast of them.  Don't nibble."  "The scriptures have been 'kept and preserved [for us] by the hand of the Lord...for a wise purpose in him.'"  "The Lord covenanted with Enos to preserve and bring forth the scriptures 'in his...due time.' Of the Book of  Mormon, the prophet Moroni recorded, it was 'written and sealed up, and hid up unto the Lord that they might not be destroyed.'"  I am so thankful that they were preserved and I have the opportunity to read and learn from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment